The two charities associated with this event are The Martello Rotary Club of Seaford who is organising the event and The British Heart Foundation which will be the recipient of the money raised.
The British Heart Foundation
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the UK and is so common that everyone is likely to know someone with one or another form of the disease. It can affect all ages from the new-born to the oldest of the old.
In the UK the British Heart Foundation is the leading charity dedicated to fighting this disease and providing support for patients and those caring for patients.
The Martello Rotary Club of Seaford has chosen to raise money for the British Heart Foundation because of the importance and relevance of the work it does.
To learn more about the British Heart Foundation please visit their main Web Page.
The Martello Rotary Club of Seaford
There is no such thing as a typical Rotarian but our members live in Seaford and neighbouring towns and are united by wanting to give something back to the communities in which we live. We all agree that we like serving our community in a variety of ways whilst at the same time enjoying fun and fellowship.
Our Rotary Club has several functions including:
- Raising money for local, national and international causes, in the case of the Triple Challenge the money raised will go to The British Heart Foundation
- Undertaking projects in the local community such as providing food boxes for local families in need
- Organizing events in the local community including The Seaford Proms Concert and the Seaford Youth Sports Awards
- Undertaking projects abroad, in our case we support a water project in Nepal
- Promoting fellowship amongst our members though social events, days out, meals together and some sporting events.
If you are interested in knowing more or joining us then visit our main web site.