Tips and ideas for raising Sponsorship Money
Raising money for The British Heart Foundation is a great idea, but actually doing it is not always easy, not least because many of us feel embarrassed to ask for donations. Here we’ve put together some ideas that may help you.
- If you have a Facebook or other Social Media page, mention that you are taking part in The Triple Challenge and want to raise money for The British Heart Foundation. It is often easier to ask people to donate money via Facebook than face to face!
- Mention your fundraising efforts on your answerphone messages, email signatures, notice boards, and anywhere else you can think of.
- The first people to ask to sponsor you should be family and close friends as they are most likely to give you money. Once their names are on your sponsorship form it will encourage other people to match their generosity.
- Get friends and family to spread the word about your need for sponsorship, I am sure they’ll be keen to help you get more sponsors.
- Don‘t be shy about asking people to sponsor you, they will probably be very glad to give you support. Make sure they know that you will be working hard for their donation – because the Triple Challenge will be challenging.
- It is really important to ask for Gift Aid as it means more money will go to The British Heart Foundation. The sponsorship form has a section to tick for gift aid.
- Be clever with timing your request for sponsorship because people are more likely to be generous immediately after payday.
- Why not set yourself a sponsorship target, it is amazing how motivating it is when you know what you are aiming for.
- If you find your main target amount daunting why not set yourself small weekly fundraising targets – it will feel more manageable.
- Tell potential sponsors what your sponsorship target is and this may encourage them to donate.
- Why not approach local businesses and ask them if they will help you raise awareness of your attempts to get sponsorship or donations. Don’t be afraid to ask as helping you will be good PR for their business.
- Ask if you can leave a copy of your sponsorship form on local shop counters.
- Why not contact local press, radio and local newsletters and tell them about your efforts to raise money for British Heart Foundation and in particular mention your target. Because this is an excellent charity many organizations will be happy to publicize your efforts to raise funds
Good Luck, lets hope we all raise a lot of money!